Shannon Hughes, MMS, RDN, PA-C is a registered dietitian nutritionist with a background as a Physician Assistant. She is the founder of the nutrition and wellness group, The Lifestyle Nutrition RD. A dietitian since 2003, she received her dietitian training from The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas.
She specializes in counseling individuals with weight concerns and those frustrated with dieting. Her practice is focused from a Health At Every Size® perspective, meaning personal health, not weight, comes first.
During your work together, she will guide you on a journey towards freedom from diets, food rules, and meals plans to reconnect you with your body’s inner wisdom. As a result, you will optimize health and develop sustainable lifestyle habits and a positive well-being.
She offers virtual appointments on evening and weekends perfect for busy professionals, parents, and anyone with limited time.
- Bachelor of Science in Clinical Nutrition from The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas
- Completed an internship through a coordinated program from UT Southwestern’s Allied Health School, Dallas, Texas
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) certification through Commission on Dietetic Registration
- Physician Assistant Certification from Red Rocks Physician Assistant Program, Denver, Colorado
- Master of Medical Science from St. Francis University, Loretto, Pennsylvania